In Lightroom can Adobe Standard be made to look like Camera Standard?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Paul B - UK Regular Member • Posts: 243
In Lightroom can Adobe Standard be made to look like Camera Standard?

Firstly, I'm running Lightroom 6 still, and don't really want to upgrade to Classic because of the subscription thing.

One of my camera's Raw files in Lightroom only has Adobe Standard available in the calibration section (LR 6). The Adobe Standard profile's tones look much more like Camera Neutral than Camera Standard from the Camera's Jpeg's. No matter what i try i can't seem to get Adobe Standard looking good compared to the camera made Jpeg's. I've tried everything in the Basic panel, i.e stretching out the whites and blacks, and also adding contrast via the contrast slider. Either the tones look flat (un-contrasty and misty) or if i use the contrast slider positively to address that then the tones look too contrasty like I've used too much. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground. That has led me to think that the answer probably lays in using the tone curve sliders or the point curve too. I've been playing around down there for a few days and i just can't figure out a workable method.

Has anybody else had experience of this kind of problem and if so what solution did you find?

I'm aware that every camera is different, but i'm sure similar issues must of been had by some on here?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow