[5D2] How far in mm (if known) is it from the metal ring for the lens mount to the top sensor layer?

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Darkmatterx76
Darkmatterx76 New Member • Posts: 17
[5D2] How far in mm (if known) is it from the metal ring for the lens mount to the top sensor layer?

Hi,

As to what I said in the title I am referring to the metal ring on the body of the 5D Mark ii. I was looking at various high magnification products with LED lighting that would let me see dust on the sensor but most have a very small max focus distance. Many of them basically need the device sitting right on the item it is looking at so I need to know the distance so I can ask retailers how far away an object can be from the base of the item and still be able to reach ideal focus.

There is 1 pen magnifier that would actually fit past the mount ring but I don't know what its max focus distance is either and while I could get it closer to the sensor it wouldn't be very stable to keep the sensor in focus and I would be at risk of actually touching the surface which would be very bad....

Thanks,

DM

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow