[5D2] How far in mm (if known) is it from the metal ring for the lens mount to the top sensor layer?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Darkmatterx76
Darkmatterx76 Junior Member • Posts: 32
[5D2] How far in mm (if known) is it from the metal ring for the lens mount to the top sensor layer?

Hi,

As to what I said in the title I am referring to the metal ring on the body of the 5D Mark ii. I was looking at various high magnification products with LED lighting that would let me see dust on the sensor but most have a very small max focus distance. Many of them basically need the device sitting right on the item it is looking at so I need to know the distance so I can ask retailers how far away an object can be from the base of the item and still be able to reach ideal focus.

There is 1 pen magnifier that would actually fit past the mount ring but I don't know what its max focus distance is either and while I could get it closer to the sensor it wouldn't be very stable to keep the sensor in focus and I would be at risk of actually touching the surface which would be very bad....

Thanks,

DM

ANSWER:
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow