Canon mirrorless mount questions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
diness Senior Member • Posts: 2,780
Canon mirrorless mount questions

so, I’ll start off by saying that I hope Canon keeps the ef mount for mirrorless.  Mostly because I want access to all those ef lenses, but also because I think the ef lens catalog is one of the best ways to stay competitive with Sony in the mirrorless market.   I think it’s highly doubtful they will beat the current Sony lineup in features and sensor tech.  The two biggest weaknesses of Sony IMO are the lens lineup and potentially ergonomics as well and Canon could try and capitalize on both of these.

But here’s the question.  Many have said that Canon needs a new mount because of the flange distance which allows for smaller lenses in the Mirrorless system.   Here’s what I’m wondering.  What are the examples of Sony lenses that are smaller and cheaper than their Canon counterparts???   The only one I can think of is the Sony 12-24mm which is quite a bit smaller than the Canon 11-24mm.  Is that the only one though?   Anyone have other examples?

diness's gear list:diness's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Tamron SP 70-200 F2.8 G2 Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 G2
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow