Fuji life-cycle - buy X-H1 or wait?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Flynner New Member • Posts: 2
Fuji life-cycle - buy X-H1 or wait?

Hi All

Long time lurker here. I've learned a lot from the forum so far so thanks for the informative posts.

I'm a beginner photographer having had the XT20 for about a year and I'm loving it so far. I travel a lot and shoot mostly mostly street and cityscapes. I'd like something a bit more robust though (I live in Ireland and weather sealing appeals greatly to me) and the current XH-1 offers have lead me consider picking it up. . My plan would be to keep the 35mm f2 (which I love) glued to the XT20 and use it as a more casual camera to throw in my bag when out and about.

If I do take the plunge I'm going to rent an XH1 for a day or two (I won't be charged for the rental if I buy the camera subsequently) to make sure the size / ergonomics suit. The price difference between it and the XT2 doesn't bother me and I'm looking to buy a camera to use for the foreseeable future so I don't mind splashing out a bit extra now.

The alternative is to hang on to the xt20, invest in some more lenses and then either pick up the XT3 or even wait until the XH2 or XT4 (?) are released. Ideally the XT3 will blow me away but the rumoured lack of IBIS would put me off a bit. I don't shoot a huge amount of video at present but I would like to and as stated, I want a camera that i'll be happy to keep for the foreseeable future.

TLDR:

1) What is the standard life-cycle for a Fuji camera? When roughly would people expect the next XH + XT cameras to be released?

2) Do people have high hopes for the XT3 even if it's lacking IBIS?

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow