Help! Write Protect error.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
meow Regular Member • Posts: 212
Help! Write Protect error.

Olympus OM D E-M1

This is what happened. I wanted to delete all photos on the SD card and did so from the computer. I used my card reader and a program I use for downloading images. The program deleted all files but one that it couldn't touch. I inserted the card in the camera again and the Write Protect message came up.

Took out the card, put it in the card reader and manually deleted the file through Explorer. All was NOT well. The camera is stuck on that Write Protect error.

Somewhere in this process something said that one image file was corrupt. I don't remember if it was my download manger or the camera.

The switch on the card is as it should. I can read the card fine from my computer. The computer doesn't show any files of folders as write protected.

I was just out the door for a bicycle trip on which I planned to take a lot of photos, so I'm in need of urgent help here.

meow's gear list:meow's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow