Mismatched paper size and print size

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MK Senior Member • Posts: 2,262
Mismatched paper size and print size

Using Canon Pro-100 but I think this is irrelevant. My options to print are PhotoShop Elements, Canon Easy-Photo Print EX and default "right click print" in Windows 7.

I have a bunch of prints that I cropped (as close as I can) to a 11x14 ratio. My end results will be 11x4 prints or as close to it as possible. Some images may be 11x15 or 11x 16 as there are more people in these (these are group shots). They will be custom matted so I can cut the open to fit. All will be framed using 16x20 frames.

I have a bunch of 13x19 Canon paper that I got as a promo during the holidays when buying Canon ink. I want to use this paper to print one image per sheet and then cut away the boarder.

Can I trick the printing process by selecting 11x17 paper in PS Elements and then tell it that I want a custom size print of 11x14 and uncheck the crop box? I drop a sheet of 13x19 and print and anything that extends beyond 14 inch is printed since I really have 17 inches of paper?

Oops!  The "Crop to Fit" should be unchecked.

MK's gear list:MK's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD790 IS Nikon D300 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow