CUTTING AND RULERS.

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Emmanuel Diver Regular Member • Posts: 426
CUTTING AND RULERS.

Hi all,

Having a bit of a meltdown at the moment. I've been having great fun and success with my Deskjet 3720 and I've got most of my 2017 photos printed (God bless instant ink) either in 10x8, 2x 5x7s to an a4 sheet, 4x 5.5x3.5s to a sheet or 9 wallet size photos. I've then been cutting them out, mounting them onto coloured card with photo corners and putting them into an A3 scrapbook. I chose this way, labour intensive as it is because  I wanted a scrapbook style album that I can build over several years.

It's not the labour intensity, nor is it the fact that the printer is printing with a border, I can live with that and the constraints of the album mean I can't get 2x A4 sheets in on one page anyways, my issue is cutting stuff. I bought a cutter, it's grand for smaller photos but not the A4 ones, I've then picked up an aluminium ruler which isn't entirely straight and i've a stainless steel ruler which again, isn't entirely straight. Where do I get a BLOODY GOOD ruler that will produce a straight line. I'm currently using medical grade scalpels (I'm a miniatures model painter so one of those is standard kit for modelling) and I think the blades will be fine for the cutting process.

Oh and I'm using 240gsm gloss Kodak A4 premium paper.

Cheers!!

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/mannydee
www.pentaxphotogallery.com/emmanuelmdiver

Emmanuel Diver's gear list:Emmanuel Diver's gear list
Pentax K-7 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Pentax smc DA 50mm F1.8 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow