E-M10.3 - did I make a mistake?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Carey Brown
Carey Brown Senior Member • Posts: 1,689
E-M10.3 - did I make a mistake?

I've had the Olympus E-M10 mark 3 for 5 weeks now. It came with the 12-42mm collapsible EZ lens. I'm mostly happy with it. My concern is that the images seem a little soft. My first inclination is to think that it is due to the cheap lens and I was window shopping for a new lens. Perhaps the Oly 12-40mm Pro, or the Oly 12-100mm Pro. Both of those lenses are spoken of highly when it comes to sharpness. Then I began to wonder if it might be soft due to having only 16MP, or some other aspect of the camera body.

I was wondering if anyone with this camera has had a similar experience?

My only other thought on this would be to rent one of the aforementioned lenses and experiment for a week. The 12-100mm was renting for $105/week (including shipping). I would probably rent this over the 12-40mm because I'd also like to see how awkward the size and weight of the lens is on this small a body.

Carey Brown's gear list:Carey Brown's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus OM-D E-M10 III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +9 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow