Canon 6d on a tripod help

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Eagle430s Regular Member • Posts: 205
Canon 6d on a tripod help

I have a business project to photograph a few pubs for a city guide

the customer instructed me to go during late afternoon-night when all the tables-chairs are in place and also the atmosphere looks like you are in the bar during that time

So when I went it was night time...My approach was to use my 6d and my sigma 24-105 f4 Art lens (its the wider lens I have) on a tripod..using very small aperture ( F10-F11) so that for example the whole bar and the sitting chairs are in focus and use a very slow speed with no flash

So tried with AV mode,,choose F10 ,,iso 400 ,,my camera mounted on the tripod,,the IS of the lens turned off and just pressed the shutter botton

..all 5-6 shots were out of focus ( yes I first halfpressed it to focus)

Then I thought of using a different approach.. I tried using the camera's 10 second timer for auto shutter release but again all photos were out of focus

I tried selecting the single-center focus point,,,then all focus point...I even tried switching to manual mode ,,whatever I tried all I was getting was out of focus photos

I even tried manual focus but that didn't work either..I don't know how I should approach it?

My tripod is an average tripod,,,lightweight aluminium,,not very expensive,,does it have to do anything with this?

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow