Olympus Capture and Camera Updater are 32-bit Mac applications incompatible with Mac OS High Sierra

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
andeug New Member • Posts: 4
Olympus Capture and Camera Updater are 32-bit Mac applications incompatible with Mac OS High Sierra

Hi,

The Olympus Capture for Mac is at 1.3.1.1 version and not compatible with the Mac OS High Sierra due to its 32-bit current version.

Olympus Capture 32-bit version 1.3.1.1

The same with Olympus Digital Camera Updater for Mac version 2.1.1, which is a 32-bit application.

Olympus Digital Camera Updater 32-bit version 2.1.1

The only 64-bit compatible application is the Olympus Viewer 2.4.1.4.

Olympus Viewer 3 64-bit version 2.4.14

It's good that Olympus has been thinking to make the Mac users happy by giving them access to a working Olympus Viewer so that they can visualise the pictures, but not to a tethering 64-bit Mac application to shoot pictures.

Apple is explaining the issue with the 32-bit applications here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436.

These two Olympus applications needs to be built on 64-bit in order to be compatible with Mac OS High Sierra. In my case, I am unable to shoot pictures with the Capture application, as the shutter button it’s totally unresponsive and while I start the application I get a 32-bit incompatibility notification from my Mac OS.

Is it only me who is experiencing these issues? I advise everyone who reads this post to raise a support ticket to Olympus, so that they will get more pressure from the users to update their applications for 64-bit.

Regards,

Andreas

andeug's gear list:andeug's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 25mm F1.2 PTGui Pro Apple iPhone 8 Plus +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow