Have you tried Sigma's calibration service?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
SushiEater
SushiEater Veteran Member • Posts: 8,715
Re: Have you tried Sigma's calibration service?

ArtAlt wrote:

SushiEater wrote:

I don't know if you read my ordeal with this lens but on the first try (paid for shipping only) all I know they adjusted it to their D810. No good.

On the second try, free, they told me I have two options. Either they replace the innards of the lens or send it to Japan. I chose the first option and from MFD to 15m the lens took pictures like a prime. Between 15m and infinity did not focus correctly. So I sent it in again on their dime. This time they adjust it really good. Still inconsistent focusing sometimes though but I can live with that.

Thanks for telling the story. I wonder what is so hard for them to get right? I will test my 24-105mm carefully upon return, now that I understand what problems are possible (e.g. works ok up to 15m ....).

24-105 might have different distances. for 150-600mm they are MDF, 6m 15m and Infinity. But remember these are not hard coded. So 15m for example is probably setup to 30m or longer. I could not adjust Infinity because I don't have anything to adjust it by. IOW I don't have a target. I have no idea how Sigma is doing it. They must have something.

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow