DxO Nik extreme instability

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dale H Leach New Member • Posts: 7
DxO Nik extreme instability

I purchased the new DxO Nik 2018 Collection on 6/23/18 and installed it on my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) w/ 4 G Core 7 processor w/ 32G Ram, running IOS Sierra, and have had extreme instability issues ever since. I had previously been using the free Google Nik version with no issues. Immediately after installing the new software, I began experiencing frequent crashes and hang ups in all the modules, but particularly Silver Effects Pro.

I put in a DxO support request on 6/26/18, and, after a long delay, received a response from DxO support to download a special Nick Diagnostic file, then run it to replicate the issue, then return the file to DxO support, which I promptly did. Since then: I have only heard one response that "we are working on the issue".

In desperation: I reinstalled the old Google Nik Collection and am having absolutely NO stability or hang up issues whatsoever! This for me points to defective DxO Nik software or, at the very least, software that they have not adequately tested out on various hardware platforms such as mine.

Lastly: it is my opinion that DxO simply bit off more than they could chew in releasing their own "new", fully supported, and "improved" version of the DxO 2018 Nik Collection. I also think that since experiencing bankruptcy problems, that DxO Nik support is extremely understaffed and is fraught with myriad stability issues just like mine involving their newly released DxO 2018 Nik Collection. I sincerely hope to alert others not to make the same mistake that I made, at least at this point, of paying for and downloading this DxO software.  Has anyone else had a similar experience??

Dale H Leach's gear list:Dale H Leach's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Adobe Camera Raw 7 Adobe Bridge CS6 +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow