Sigma 150-600 Sport - Some Thoughts (Images)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Rexgig0 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,276
Re: Sigma 150-600 Sport - Some Thoughts (Images)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and your wonderful images.

I tested a pre-owned Sigma 150-600mm Sport, with my D5, and bought it. Test shots inside the very large camera store were accurately-focused and were beautifully sharp. Subsequent results with three-dimensional, living subjects in a flower garden, with one of my wife’s D500 cameras, were similarly good. We have yet to test it on her D850.

We had previously handled a Nikkor 200-500mm, and been less than pleased with its handling, especially the quite long rotation of the zoom ring. The Sigma 150-600mm Sport is noticeably heavier, but has a handier zoom ring, and it can also be zoomed by holding the outer part of the lens barrel, and pushing or pulling to adjust focal length. Neither of these lenses are realistically hand-holdable, for us, anyway, so the difference in weight is negated by the tripod or monopod.

-- hide signature --

I wore a police badge and pistol, and made evidentiary images at night, incorporating elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, and PJ. (Retired January 2018.) I enjoy using Canon and Nikon gear.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +49 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow