Thought of 5Ds vs 5D4

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rmexpress22 Contributing Member • Posts: 625
Thought of 5Ds vs 5D4

I'm finally ready to upgrade. I currently shoot with a 6D as my main body. I also have an 80D that I mainly keep because I like the EF-s line for when I'm shooting for fun.

My main focus is portraits, full, close-ups, groups, etc...

I've been eyeing the 5D4 and then I remembered the 5Ds exists.

My main gripe with the 6D is the AF point spread. Both the 5D4 and 5Ds tick those boxes. I like the idea of higher resolution on the 5Ds and the better sensor along with a slightly better AF system on the 5D4.

For anyone that uses both, is the 5D4 AF that much better? Also, although online comments fault the 5Ds for its noise levels, it always looks like it cleans up nicely and retains better detail than other bodies after NR. How good does the 5Ds clean up and is the 5D4 that much better?

DR is not important. Half a stop or even a stop is a non-issue since I use strobes and rarely ever need to recover or push exposure in post.

rmexpress22's gear list:rmexpress22's gear list
Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel T6i +10 more
Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow