sony 35mm 2.8 what justifies the price?

Started Jul 2, 2018 | Discussions thread
KwhyChang Veteran Member • Posts: 5,987
Re: sony 35mm 2.8 what justifies the price?

woodyggg wrote:

KwhyChang wrote:

woodyggg wrote:

KwhyChang wrote:

It might not be justified for you. But for me....

It's the quintessential AF lens for Sony mirrorless.

Smallest form factor, light weight, versatile focal length, and sharp wide open or stopped down...my favorite AF lens.

and overpriced relative to the competition, which was the actual point - and not something you addressed.

I am sorry my opinion did not meet your needs! Do you expect that everyone who uses a lens has tried all the competition?

I perhaps should have rephrased my first sentence as, "The price might not be justified for you, but the price is justified for me for the following reasons:"

I noticed you have the Sony 35mm f1.4 G in your gear list...not an inexpensive 35mm either.

Do you use it on your a7riii? And if so how do you like it? I assume you have to use it on an adapter?

the issue is what justifies the price. it is very expensive compared to the competitors equivalent versions. that's the entire point of the op's comments. your comment is irrelevant to the original point. this is simply logic and to what I was referring. no need to get your feeling hurt.

sorry, i'm unsure about your question - it's a sony fe lens on a sony body - no adapter needed.

Looks like you are confused about the question about your 35mm G. Must be a mistake on your part. You have chosen the wrong lens for your gear list... the 35mm you listed if for Sony A mount. You should go back and fix that because the lens you listed will not work without an adapter.

I have used the Sony 35/2.8 for about four years. I am guessing you have no experience with this lens. Nonetheless you should learn how to list the correct gear in your list.

-- hide signature --

Dave

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow