Have you tried Sigma's calibration service?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Bhupinder Singh Forum Member • Posts: 66
Re: Have you tried Sigma's calibration service?

ArtAlt wrote:

I'm considering paying Sigma's $100 fee to get my 24-105mm calibrated in their shop to my D750. Have any of you tried this service? Did you get results that you are happy with?

I used their services once for my 150-600 sports. I had issues doing AFFT for this lens on my new D850 - despite repeated attempts to get stable AFFT values, there was significant variation in the numbers.

I took both camera body and the lens to them, but they didn't use the D850 body for adjustments. What they showed me was a Sigma dock - much bigger than the one we use at home - apparently it allowed them to make some adjustments that went beyond simply adjusting the AFFT values. The technician did mention about adjusting some 'wave-forms' on the monitor by adjusting some parameters thru the dock, but I couldn't see the entire process.

It took them 20mins to do the job (D850 body was with me all the while) and I am very happy with the results I get now. All the AFFT values on the lens and on the body are set to '0'. They didn't charge me for the service. I also got my Sigma 24 - 105 Art calibrated and the results now are excellent.

It will certainly not be possible for them to open the lens, adjust elements and then put it back together in those 20 mins.

I hope it helps..

-Singh

Bhupinder Singh's gear list:Bhupinder Singh's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 1.4x EX DG Tele Converter +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow