5D MKIV Sensor noise - Banding

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rdthomas
rdthomas Regular Member • Posts: 142
5D MKIV Sensor noise - Banding

I have used the camera this week to shoot fireworks. In Lightroom I have noticed a distinct green band of noise on all the images when I have pulled up the shadows and exposure. I am generally shooting at ISO  100 to 250, and 5 to 8 seconds exposure. This band runs completely across the frame and is at about 10% from the edge. I have shot over 5000 images with this camera and although none of this type needing significant pull up of both shadows and exposure I have never noticed any banding with other images.  I tried this with Long Exposure Noise Reduction on Auto as well as off and same result.

Has anyone else seen this.  I have one of the first MK IV's as I took my delivery from B&H on Sept 8, 2016.

I have attached an Image I shot at ISO 100, 8 Sec exposure and in LR pulled up the Exposure +2.5 and Shadows up +53 with Highlights down -80

Image shot with ISO 100 and  8 Sec Exposure.

rdthomas's gear list:rdthomas's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow