Finally moved to full frame... Tips?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
physicsboy New Member • Posts: 3
Finally moved to full frame... Tips?

So after about 9 years of living with my EOS 550D, I decided to make the jump to full frame and I have bought myself an 6D mark IIĀ 

I managed to take it out the other evening for some test shots and to get used to the new controls as I am used to having no tilty-flippy screen and directional buttons as opposed to the wheel.

After shooting some photos and reviewing I have realised that I need to learn a few things during the transition, so if anyone has any hints or tips with regards to the following, please give me a shout!

1. I am so used to the 1.6x crop factor that the usual lenses I would use to capture photos of certain scenes are understandably... more zoomed out
  2. Of course working with the 1.6x crop factor of the 550D, the depth of field is also much shallower on the 6DII, something I am of course not used to.

Any thoughts, hints and tips are welcome

FYI I am using the following lenses:

• EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L (mark I)
  • EF 70-200mm f/4 L (non IS)
  • EF 50mm f/1.8 (non STM)
 physicsboy's gear list:physicsboy's gear list
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM OnePlus 3T
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow