Have you tried Sigma's calibration service?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ArtAlt
OP ArtAlt Senior Member • Posts: 1,940
Re: Have you tried Sigma's calibration service?

saaber1 wrote:

saaber1 wrote:

ArtAlt wrote:

I'm considering paying Sigma's $100 fee to get my 24-105mm calibrated in their shop to my D750. Have any of you tried this service? Did you get results that you are happy with?

Do they do anything different than you can do at home with the dock?

I guess what I’m getting at is u may be able to accomplish the improvement u are looking for for free (but takes time though). I like the af tune procedure shown at “1)” in the text I pasted below. It is fast and accurate if u are methodical in your method and pay attention to details such as good light, tripod, vertical target, focus on infinity between shots etc.

... post from another thread below....

This is fantastic information, I will save it of course

I do my own MFA on my Nikons using the "dot-tune" method but I do not have the time currently to investigate or deploy the more powerful system that Sigma offers (16 different MFA points on the zoom, as I understand, compared to just one in-body adjustment on the Nikons).

To address an earlier question, Sigma customer rep claims that their own procedures are more accurate than the procedure clients use with the dock, because they take advantage of internal features of the lens, but I suspect that I could do it for free on my own and be happy but for the time it would take.
Hopefully in the future.

-- hide signature --
 ArtAlt's gear list:ArtAlt's gear list
Sony a6000 Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Sony a7 III Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow