sony 35mm 2.8 what justifies the price?

Started Jul 2, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Aaron@Utah Senior Member • Posts: 1,572
sony 35mm 2.8 what justifies the price?

I am looking for a good fast 35mm prime for low light situations on full frame body I want something smaller and frankly cheaper than the 35mm 1.4  even though I am suer its a fantastic lens its huge and expensive

looking at the options I find the 35mm 1.8 but that is an E lens not FE

the other option is the FE 35mm 2.8 but for the life of me I can't figure out why this lens has the price tag it has I mean its a 2.8  not even a f2 or 1.8   so is there something special about this lens that justifies the price

I have the nice rokinon 35mm f:1.5 cinema lens but it is huge and is manual focus only   I already own the FE 28mm f2 and  E 24mm  1.8 which is nice on the 6500 getting me close to the 35mm perspective on a cropped body

but I would still like to get a full frame 35mm   what lens have you guys used that you have been impressed with

my budget for this lens would be $500 or under and at least f2 or faster and full frame..    it will be used on a7II so image stabilization is not an issue either

-- hide signature --

Mac OS X: Because making UNIX user friendly was easier than fixing Windows.

Aaron@Utah's gear list:Aaron@Utah's gear list
Sony a5000 Sony a7S Sony a7 II Sony a6500 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +12 more
Sony FE 28mm F2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow