Does Chroma Optimizer improve longevity?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gscotten
gscotten Senior Member • Posts: 1,428
Does Chroma Optimizer improve longevity?

Does Chroma Optimizer improve longevity like Print Guard spray? Without a color shift on dye ink? I have been using PC inks on my Pro-100 and am considering printing a layer of CO with my Pro-10 over the entire Pro-100 image to protect it. I would only do this for the prints that I intend to mount on foam core or gator board. My framed prints show no sign of fading even after 4+ years.

My original plan was to "proof and play" with the very inexpensive Pro-100/PC inks and then when I have the results I want, to print the final permanent copy with the Pro-10/OEM ink. Unfortunately, the Pro-10 and Pro-100 have subtly different output, so this approach will not work well for me. Perhaps I am too picky.

I have not tried any of the protective sprays, as Mark McCormick from Aardenburg reports all of them cause color shifts with dye inks.

I may have to bite the bullet and go back to OEM ink, but I sometimes print as many as  a dozen copies before I get everything EXACTLY the way I want. That gets pretty pricey with OEM ink. I enjoy playing with multiple variations. My wife OTOH gets tired of hearing, "Hey, honey, which do you like better?"

-- hide signature --

George

gscotten's gear list:gscotten's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow