why are Sony FE lens so expensive ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 12,357
Re: why are Sony FE lens so expensive ?

Arizona Sunset wrote:

Mine has central sharpness wide open, a tad softer towards one side, sharpens up everywhere at f4 if I need it to, quiet and fast AF motors, Zeiss contrast, and smoother roll off than the RX1.

The negative reviews of the 35z made me concerned about its quality, and I didn’t buy it for a while. I let a bunch of reviews dissuade me for years.

Turns out, none of that matters the way I use the lens. It works great for environmental portraits, better than I could have hoped. It’s biggest detriment is it’s size. Quality could be worse, and I’d still buy it over anything else. I’m not asking it to be sharp everywhere wide open like a wide angle astro lens. There are other tools for that.

For my shooting, with fast primes as long as the center is sharp I'm good. But after sour experiences with QC on lenses of other brands, I avoid any lenses with QC issues at all. I just don't have the time or patience. I'd rather pay a little more for every lens to either ensure I get a good one the first time, or have an outfit like LensRentals get it as good as it can be.

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
NEX-5T Sony a7R II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow