Could the focusing ring of a manual lens stand up fast focusing movement?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
hokkeiv
hokkeiv New Member • Posts: 3
Could the focusing ring of a manual lens stand up fast focusing movement?

Hi everyone,

I had bought a brand new Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f.14 SLII S 2 months ago and put it on a Fujifilm X-T2. I had used the lens in a causual manner for a few event and street shootings and it worked fine. It rendered really nice images and I loved it so much.

Then I took it to shoot a portrait session gone in a little fast pace. I tried to focus as fast as I could so kept turning the focus ring back and forth a bit fast and hard. After shooting continuously for half an hour, I found the focus ring stuck all in a sudden.

The focus ring could then only be turned in a fraction of distance, and the actual focusing distance was not matching the markings on the lens anymore. I tried turning with some force and it finally stuck completely.

I do not have much experience using manual lens before. The lens was never dropped. I would like to know if some manual lenses are not design to be operated in the way I did, or I am just in bad luck getting a faulty piece.

Thank you so much and sorry for my bad English!

hokkeiv's gear list:hokkeiv's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +10 more
Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow