Can't copy video > 4GB off a 256MB Flash Card on 5D Mark IV

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AngularIan Junior Member • Posts: 26
Can't copy video > 4GB off a 256MB Flash Card on 5D Mark IV

I've got an issue with copying video from 256GB Compact Flash card. Any video over 4GB shows as 0 bytes in length after being copied and won't play. And yet the same videos play fine on the camera playback function.
I've tried copying direct from the card using Red Giant Offload which fails almost immediately. Windows 10 File Explorer copy works but just shows three files on the card as 0 bytes long. These are all longer clips running to about 4 or 5 minutes. I've tried both using the compact flash card in a card reader and using the cable connected to the camera but the results are always the same - 0 byte files that can't be played. I am pretty sure the three files all showing as 0kb are > 4GB. (They are 4K recordings, MOV format - interviews of about 5 minutes)

I formatted the compact flash card using the camera. I've seen posts elsewhere implying that formatting the card Ex-FAT (which is what the camera does for cards > 128GB) is the cause of the problem and to reformat the card to FAT which will then limit files to 4GB, but that defeats the whole point of the camera formatting the card for Ex-FAT in the first place and doesn't help with the material already recorded and sat playable on the camera screen but not on a Windows 10 PC.
Can anyone suggest how I can get what are playable files on the camera off the camera so that they are usable on a Windows PC?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow