The "green" flash, again, has eluded me ...(several photos)

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
jennajenna Senior Member • Posts: 1,491
Re: The "green" flash, again, has eluded me ...(several photos)

rgs_45 wrote:

I don't know if I need:

1. Longer lens so I can zoom in closer.
  2. Faster camera, higher fps
  3. Improve my technique, I used a tripod and a remote shutter. I think it's a matter of timing.

Went to my favorite spot here at Kwajalein Atoll to catch some sunset photos today, 28 Jun 2018, and I was not disappointed. One of the better sunset in a while. Usually, there are low lying clouds the blocks the the sun but today was just beautiful.

The last photo is milli or micro seconds before the green flash. I had my camera set at the highest FPS but still did not get it. This is the second time I saw it since I got here and been trying to catch it.

Has anybody actually taken a photo of the "green flash"? If so, can you please share how you got the it? I will be here at Kwaj until 2019 and hoping to get a shot at the green flash.

Thanks for viewing.

i got a green flash in 2003 on my way to rarotonga from kauai on a 42 ft cat. i've spoken to a few people and seems like the only ones who get them are on sailboats in the open ocean. Keep trying....really gorgeous sunset pics tho...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow