Tamron USD 70-300 MFA on A99ii

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ActionPhotoPassion Regular Member • Posts: 187
Tamron USD 70-300 MFA on A99ii

Hi all,

I finally had the time to do some MFA wide + tele of 2 lenses on the A99ii: the Sony 28-75/2.8 and the Tamron 70-300 USD.

Everything was fine with the Sony lens, but I had some glitches with the Tamron.

It is true that the Tamron isn't a Sony lens, so it shouldn't be possible to use the MFA system with télé + wide in center and corners but as the lens is sharing the same ID number as the Sony 70-300 ssm one would expect it to work.

All in all it worked, and in fact the Tamron doesn't need that much of MFA: I never had to go beyond +1 or - 1.

The thing is that when I needed to adjust the upper right corner in wide and télé, the AF was hunting a lot.  It was better flawless on the other corners, I can't figure why.

Concerning the Sony 28-75/2.8 the possibility to MFA in the corners is really appreciable.

ActionPhotoPassion's gear list:ActionPhotoPassion's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A58 Sony a77 II Sony a99 II Sony 500mm F8 Reflex +15 more
Sony a9 Sony Alpha a99 Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow