Some random pics with my new Nikon AF-P 70-300mm 1:4.5-6.3GED

Started Jun 29, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
evancj Veteran Member • Posts: 4,573
Some random pics with my new Nikon AF-P 70-300mm 1:4.5-6.3GED

I finally bought a new camera and a couple of lenses!!!

I upgraded from my D5300 and 55-300mm lens to a D7500, and an Nikon AF-P 70-300mm 1:4.5-6.3GED (no VR), and a Nikon AF-S 10-24mm 1:3.5-4.5GED. So far I am very happy with what I got.

Of course I would love a good 200-600mm lens but I have other things I need that kind of money for right now.

I know I could have gotten a good long lens for a few bucks more than I spent on the 10-24mm, but I want to try more landscape photography so I sacrificed the long lens...for now.

Anyway I wanted to post up some photos taken with the 70-300mm because I have seen a lot of people on this forum tell others that 300mm will not work for wildlife, and that is just not true. While I do not claim to be a great photographer, (I am in it to get outside and have fun) I do manage to get some pretty decent photos with my stubby 300mm lenses sometimes. I just hate to see people come here for advise and get discouraged and not try because someone told them not to even bother unless they can afford to buy expensive long lenses and cameras.

No offense to all you rich folks, but it's not all about the money.

Comments and suggestion are always welcome!

Wild Mustang stallions showing off for the ladies.

Ruddy duck making bubbles.

Black-chinned hummingbird.

GBH eating a muskrat.

Broad-tailed hummingbird checking me out.

Singing Lazuli bunting.

Black-chinned hummingbird on a thistle.

Singing Yellow-headed blackbird.

American avocet at the nesting colony.

Green -tailed towhee.

Black-crowned night heron landing.

Thanks for looking!

evancj's gear list:evancj's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Nikon D5300 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow