24-105 Sigma vs Canon

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nonproshooterdad Regular Member • Posts: 241
24-105 Sigma vs Canon

I have a very sharp copy of the Canon version, when I found a Sigma used copy selling almost the same price as Canon used copy (CAD 600), I got it and trying to figure out the difference.

The first finding is, it is 210 grams heavier than the Canon version. I almost decided whatever the test result was, I'd not keep it only because its weight. I got the F/4 instead of F/2.8 because of weight.

After several days use, now I have another finding. The Sigma bokeh seems better. The color is brighter, and the bokeh melt down with the background more smoothly. The Canon looks a bit dull comparing with the Sigma. Now it makes my choice harder. And with a full frame camera, the weight is not so remarkable, isn't it?

Sigma gives pictures I like more than the Canon. I don't want to sell it now. The decision will be make later, to sell the Canon or not. Before the comparison, I was quite satisfied with the Canon, now, I have to balance the iq and the weight. Maybe keep both? Seem not much sense to keep a lens that you don't use.

nonproshooterdad's gear list:nonproshooterdad's gear list
Sony RX100 III Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +14 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow