Chosing between Zeiss Distagon lenses (wide from 25 to 35mm) + ultra wide angle

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MMouse67 Junior Member • Posts: 32
Chosing between Zeiss Distagon lenses (wide from 25 to 35mm) + ultra wide angle

Hello,
I'm looking for a good wide normal SLR lens to replace my M mount ones on my Sony A7.

I can spend about 650 $ second hand for my wide normal lens. I'll probably use it most of the time, so I want to choose well.

In this budget, I saw these lenses:

- Zeiss Distagon 25 f/2,8 and 25 f/2
- Zeiss Distagon 28 f/2
- Zeiss Distagon 35 f/2
My favorite focal lenght would be 28mm as I already own a very good 40mm and cheap but good 24mm. However, reviews about this lens are a bit of a mixed bag.

I don't mind about lenses beeing clinically sharp, I saw some pictures taken with the 28mm and I like the way it renders. It's not a problem for me if the lens is not sharp from corner to corner at f/2. It just seems to have much less success than the 25 and 35mm. I wonder, is it really worse/different (depends on the point of view) ?

My second concern is about an ultra wide angle, something between 15 and 18mm. I'm hesitating between a second hand Zeiss 18mm f/3,5 (seems a great lens) and the Laowa 15mm which has brighter aperture and better close focus abilities but is more expensive. What do you think ?
Thank you for your help

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow