E:62:10 Error code on RX100

Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Stephen McDonald
Stephen McDonald Forum Pro • Posts: 14,454
Re: shlam fixed his error code

D Lynch wrote:

shlam wrote:

After searching on the Internet, found out this error code had been seen in previous Sony CyberShot cameras. Seems to be something related to stabilization circuit.

The reported fix was to remove battery and card, and gently slap the sides of the camera. This fixes the problem on the RX100 for me. Photos seem fine. Will report if I see any further problems. Kinda wished I had purchased the extended warranty...

Good news! (as an owner of an RX100-2 I appreciate knowing your problem is solved.

No slapping or removal of the card is necessary. The lens does not have to be at full zoom. Just popping the battery out, while it's turned-on and re-inserting it, is all that's needed. But the next time it's turned-off, this must be repeated. I've just been ignoring the flashing error code. The camera is slow to turn on, but I can detect no other malfunction. I have the Sony HX400V and it was 4 years and two weeks old, before the error code appeared.

-- hide signature --
 Stephen McDonald's gear list:Stephen McDonald's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 950 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow