Sigma has eBay remove your listings!

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
terryreid
terryreid Senior Member • Posts: 1,398
Sigma has eBay remove your listings!

I bought a Sigma 19mm & 60mm from B&H to use on my a6500 before I got the 18-135 Sony. I should have returned the two lenses they both rattled a lot like lenses I have had that were broken but they took decent pics so I figured that is just the nature of the lens.

I have listed these lenses on ebay three times now and Ebay keeps removing them because of Sigma's complaints. I have never heard of any mfg who goes out of their way to make it difficult to sell a product you bought from them. Evidently Sigma feels a used lens sale might cost them a new sale.

The first time I used a file photo from another Ebay auction which Sigma says was their intellectual property even though many other auctions had the same exact photo. Then I took my own photos and they had Ebay remove it again.

Your listing was reviewed after the rights owner notified us that your item violated their rights.

Importing certain products from other countries without the rights owners permission may violate their intellectual property rights. Because of this, eBay reviews these items when we are contacted by the rights owner.

Apparently unless you are Adorama or Focus camera they do not allow you to list a Sigma product.

I would not possess another Sigma product if they paid me to use it that it 100% poor treatment of a customer. The last time I heard customers are the sole reason you are able to stay in business.

68% & 14% was enough for me

-- hide signature --

-Terry

terryreid's gear list:terryreid's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony a9 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA +16 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow