New Panny Leica 50-200 Soft @ 200mm :(

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
whumber
whumber Senior Member • Posts: 1,858
Re: Defective lens, return.

MShot wrote:

I care about the final image I see from the lens, not a bit about the lab test. Some differences look significant on a chart, in the math, and don't show up at all in a photo because you have to zoom to infinity to see it. I don't stick my face on a print and I don't care what a tiny part of a composition looks like on a monitor. I care only about the entire composition.

That's perfectly fair although in that case if the differences seen in tests charts don't really bother you at all then I expect you're overgeared with m43 and might even be happier with something like an RX10 IV.  This is not meant to be any kind of snarky comment btw, it's really a fantastic camera with better AF than any of the m43 bodies and the image quality differences are only going to show up in the test chart/pixel peeping type scenarios.

whumber's gear list:whumber's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow