Telephoto for macro

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
A Wingnut
OP A Wingnut Regular Member • Posts: 241
Re: Telephoto for macro

flakin stephen wrote:

A Wingnut wrote:

^^^Good stuff!!

So I was playing with the lens today. Without Ext tubes, the subjects are a bit small. I overestimated this len’s ability to do macro straight out of the box. I lost a great deal of focal length with the ext tubes though! Granted, this dragonfly was very small, maybe 2 inches, but I think it turned out good. These were simply a test shot in the back yard. Don’t judge the editing please, it was fast. XD The difference is subtle, but when I went to crop, I noticed a much bigger difference in how small the subject looked

Hi,

nice work yourself, and good to see you're getting down to business already. Enjoy!

all the best,

flakey

Thank you!

My next purchase will be for a 2x teleconverter for wildlife. This lens is really versatile.

Oh, and yes, holy crap this lens is heavy. Many might find it too heavy for carrying. I am an avid gym goer, so I don’t seem to mind it for a while, but I think a LOT of folks might want to test this out before buying. The weight really is that much when you’re hand holding. It makes my 90mm GM macro lens feel light as a feather.

A Wingnut's gear list:A Wingnut's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7R III Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow