why are Sony FE lens so expensive ?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 11,877
Re: why are Sony FE lens so expensive ?

SilvanBromide wrote:

Yes.

Of course, one of the (legitimate) issues for those entering the Sony FF ecosystem is that because most of the lenses are new and/or recent, there are fewer of them available on the used market.

That helps a bit for those who are selling because used prices remain fairly robust, but it means that there are fewer native lens bargains around. Thankfully there are a lot of adapted lens bargains for those who are trying to 'get there on a budget'... : )

When I bought my A7II, I bought nothing but Canon glass for it. It all worked really well. I've replaced pretty much all of them with native glass, but that definitely eased the transition. I think that was really the key... I imagine a ton of Sony users came from Canon, and wouldn't have bothered if they had to ditch their glass. Eventually it seems like people wind up replacing their Canon glass with Sony glass. So it's a winning strategy.

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
NEX-5T Sony Alpha a7R II Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow