Convert settings to another model (Canon PowerShot S120 -> G7X Mark II) - convert ISO to f stop?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
neveredit
OP neveredit New Member • Posts: 21
Re: A little deeper

While an external flash may give you more settings, you lose the ability to have the camera automatically determine the correct flash exposure. You are limiting yourself to manual flash power.

Your camera isn't designed to be used with an external flash, so you may run into some strangeness when you try to use one. There may be issues with the external flash firing too soon, and your image comes out too dark.

This may not have been the best choice of camera if you want to use external flash. On the other hand, try it without the external flash. Put the camera into automatic mode, and adjust with exposure compensation, and flash compensation. See if you like the results.

I guess with "automatic mode" you don't mean "AUTO"? because in that case, the flash only fires if the camera thinks it's necessary.

When the camera determines the correct flash exposure, it doesn't give me the results that I want, or maybe I did something else wrong. The external flash, like I said, is mainly for in the dark when I want to create those flash trails, the camera flash is too weak for that.
When I bought the camera, I was mainly looking for one that is small, that's why I didn't choose the other model with the hotshoe. I carry the camera with me at all times, every day, wherever I go, and the bigger ones are just too bulky.

neveredit's gear list:neveredit's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Canon G7 X II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow