Epson r1900

Started Jul 9, 2017 | Discussions thread
RobBobW Contributing Member • Posts: 776
Re: Epson r1900

Gesture wrote:

First thing to do is to download a program called WicReset (iWicReset on the Mac). The printer must be connected by USB. The program will tell you how saturated your waste ink pads are (the likely culprit here).

To continue to use the printer, if that is the problem, you need to replace the waste ink pads (expensive chore), or install a waste ink receptacle (plenty of YouTube tutorials and InkJetMall has a nice one for the R2400 that would apply).

Then, you need to reset the printer counter, so that you can resume printing. There are Epson programs or you can pay the company that offers WicRest (!!!) about $10 for a key. The WicReset program even lets you do a free, trial reset that will last for a short time. But watch for ink oozing out!!!!

Nothing wrong with keeping an old printer going. I still use my Epson 2200 and R2400-they won't die on me.

When Joe R sees this, I am sure he will add anything I missed.

GODO LUCK.

Thanks for the tip.  I checked my waste ink levels and they were 45% and 74%, so no problem with that at the moment.  Made up some cleaning solution and scrubbed up the pads and print heads.  There was a huge blob of ink at the far left end of the carriage that had to be cleaned up.  The printer is not quite level, so I guess it was accumulating at the low point.

The test print is the cleanest it has looked in a long time.  Guess I'll be keeping this old printer for a while yet!

-- hide signature --
 RobBobW's gear list:RobBobW's gear list
Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Samyang 24mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow