Question about Xtransformer

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
quintana Regular Member • Posts: 183
Question about Xtransformer

After I am a bit disappointed with my X-T100 because of the way it handles the aperture in manual focus mode I am considering a step up with the X-T20 or X-T2.

The problem is that I never wanted X-Trans because of the way Lightroom applies the demosaicing. Now I've read that there is this Xtransformer that uses its own demosaicing and produces a DNG file.

My question is if the result of a RAW file that has gone through the Xtransformer demosaicing will look in Lightroom as if it was shot with a camera with Bayer pattern or if it still needs special treatment.

And the second question: Will I still be able to use Fuji film simulation presets in lightroom after it has gone through the transformation process with Xtransformer?

quintana's gear list:quintana's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow