Am I being unreasonable (re: purchasing used gear)?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
amateursurfphotog Regular Member • Posts: 175
Am I being unreasonable (re: purchasing used gear)?

Hey all, so recently I purchased some secondhand gear from a well reputed forum (not DPreview) and need some advice.

I made a post looking for a "mint" Fuji X-T1. the seller contacted me and told me he had "what I was looking for"; a Fuji X-T1 in "excellent" condition with original box and paperwork.

He also told me he had a Fuji 18-55 lens with box, hood, lens pouch and paperwork that he would include as part of a package deal for $760. We eventually settled on $715 shipped.

I received the camera today. It is missing the hot shoe flash that comes with all X-T1's  and the lens did not include the original box, paperwork or pouch as was promised.

His rationale as to why was because of the lowered price we agreed on and how much extra it would have cost him to ship the box and paperwork (this was NEVER a part of the deal). His response to the flash was that he "would look for it".

He is offering a refund if I so choose. I am kinda soured by the whole thing but want to make sure I am not in the wrong here...

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow