Good, versatile, but fragile

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ronald_42
Ronald_42 New Member • Posts: 4
Good, versatile, but fragile

This was my first digital camera. I used it for a few years and really enjoyed it.

Others have commented on the camera being bulky. I found that a plus; it's a nice camera to hold. For lower light and longer zoom I would use a small gorillapod and a 2 second self timer.

Battery life is a problem with only 2 AA batteries, especially when you use a lot of zoom and autofocus. On the plus side, spare AA batteries are easy to carry and in emergencies are easy to buy almost anywhere.

My biggest problem with the camera is that it broke. One day the display simply said "Lens Error" and that was that. After reading suggestions about dirt in the zoom mechanism I took the entire camera apart (see my step by step guide in case you need to do the same) and put it back together. It worked for another while but then the lens error came back, this time terminal.

Ronald_42's gear list:Ronald_42's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX100 IS Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
Canon PowerShot SX100 IS
8 megapixels • 2.5 screen • 36 – 360 mm (10×)
Announced: Aug 20, 2007
Ronald_42's score
Average community score
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow