Convert settings to another model (Canon PowerShot S120 -> G7X Mark II) - convert ISO to f stop?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
neveredit
neveredit New Member • Posts: 21
Convert settings to another model (Canon PowerShot S120 -> G7X Mark II) - convert ISO to f stop?

Hello, on my PowerShot S120 I had my favorite settings for a certain situation saved on C, the settings were:

Manual Mode - 1/200 - f 7.1 - ISO 80

I now have the G7X Mark II but this camera's lowest ISO is 125 (@canon: please bring back ISO 80 in future models), so I tranferred the settings to:

Manual Mode - 1/200 - f 7.1 - ISO 125

I realize that from ISO 80 to ISO 125, there is an increase of brightness by 56% -

here are my questions:

1. so to get the same effect, do I need to increase shutter speed by 56% (like 1/320), or increase f stop by 56% (like f 11), or 26% for each value?

2. Or can I achieve the same effect by exposure compensation?

Question with this is, a) is that possible in manual mode, and b) is this saved with the C settings, regardless of the position of the button on the camera?

3. Or Is there a way to convert ISO to f stops, like xx ISO equals yy f stops?

4. The other difference is of course that the S120 has 1.17" sensor size and the G7X has 1" sensor size, does that affect the above calculation, and if so, how?

Lots of question, I hope I can get some answers... Thank you!

neveredit's gear list:neveredit's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Canon G7 X II
ANSWER:
Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon PowerShot S120
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow