Windows Laptop vs MacBook Pro

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
dj_paige
dj_paige Senior Member • Posts: 1,267
Re: Windows Laptop vs MacBook Pro

Patco wrote:

dj_paige wrote:

There are a lot of complaints that LR is slow on newest MacBooks because of the 4K or 5K screen and relatively slow CPU (note, it's the hardware that causes LR to be slow).

I have no first-hand knowledge, as I have no Adobe products, but I've seen lots of complaints that Lr is slow on Windows computers, too.
Since other programs seem to run fine, maybe Adobe's coding is somewhat deficient?

I think your best bet is to find a laptop with a standard HD (1920x1080) screen, and as fast a CPU as you can get in that laptop.

I don't think those measures should be required to run a program satisfactorily.

The design of Lightroom, plus cameras that take large megapixel images, plus large 4K and 5K screens, requires lots of CPU horsepower (and GPU horsepower if necessary).

Yes, some Windows computers are slow as well, but most cases have the common theme of a 4K or 5K monitor.

Since you admit you don't know anything about Adobe products, then you don't know the design of the software and how it operates. So it's hard to take your opinion as valuable in this discussion.

-- hide signature --

Paige Miller

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow