Happened again, Or my Rant

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Roger Senior Member • Posts: 2,370
Happened again, Or my Rant

Hello Sigma People

So I was doing a portrait shoot the other day and my SDQ-H over heated, again. It wasn't that hot out about 77 degrees F/25 degrees C with 75-80 % humidity. Not sure why it over heated? I shot 139 images in 90 minutes. The H started to get hot after about an hour, I could feel it, but I keep going. I tried shutting it down for few minutes, but it didn't work and the images started looking like I was shooting through a old glass window/distorted.

Switched to SD1, but after 50-75 shots it did it's famous AF or not thing it does, so switched to the SD15 with a Art lens and the cracked LCD's and finished off the shoot. Yes both cameras have been back for a check up ever 4-6 months. My SD15's have never been in for a check and won't they work and I don't want them messed with.

I had another loaner camera and lenses from a different with me for back up and it work flawlessly, zero issues. The IQ was very close but I still think the Foveon is the best. I hope Sigma comes out with a camera like a Fuji style rangefinder. Small, fast, excellent viewfinder, weather sealed with flip up LCD.

This is just a heads up or my rant. The Sigma's will be shooting a event in a few month so we'll see. I don't need hundreds of Images I just need a few excellent ones.

On my next assignment the Sigma's will be going from hot hot to cold cold with sand, dust, snow, water/humidity and more. If they work great if not so be it, off to the recycle bin they go. the SD1 and H are "Pro" cameras right. Besides I can buy 2 SDQ-H and 2 SD1m for the price of the the loaner camera I have.

Have fun

Roger J.

Sigma SD1 Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma SD15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow