Canon Log on 5D IV "not available in the current shooting mode"

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AngularIan Junior Member • Posts: 28
Canon Log on 5D IV "not available in the current shooting mode"

The Canon Log option on my 5D IV has become greyed out for some reason and when I select it I get the message "Not available in the current shooting mode".

I've tried googling it but the only hits are to do with autofocus setting not CLog since so few people seem to have bothered with this upgrade.

The announcement video boasts that shooting CLog is "as easy as selecting the menu option and turning it on". Obviously something changed!
Canon did send a small printed CLog manual with the upgrade but that's at home and although I've found the PDF online I just get the message "Not authorised" when trying to access it to see if there are any clues there.
Movie rec quality is set to 4K 25.00P MJPG MOV

Anyone give any clue as to what setting I need to change. I've checked all the "incompatible" ones listed and none are switched in. Dial is set to Tv. Picture Mode is set to "Standard" but setting it to "Neutral" or "Automatic" makes no difference.

Thanks,

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow