I'm starting to like Edge Browser

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Glen Barrington
Glen Barrington Forum Pro • Posts: 19,510
I'm starting to like Edge Browser

Lately, Chrome has been behaving badly, rapid flickering on some sites and slowing the computer down (a LOT!). I suspect it is related in some way to the adblocker and privacy software I'm using (Ghost, AdBlock Plus), though I haven't found any that work any better with Chrome, and I also suspect that some sites are doing this on purpose to get you to stop using adblockers.

One day last week, I'd had enough and tried Edge, just to see if it had improved any, and I was pleasantly surprised. It's smooth and fast, with a light footprint compared to Chrome, and while there is still SOME flickering, the incidence of it is greatly reduced even with the same two adblocker and privacy titles I used on Chrome.  I don't use many extensions, but the ones I like are available for Edge.

I don't particularly like how Edge handles Bookmarks, but I guess I can get used to it. I'm going to use it for a month exclusively just to see how it works for me.

Glen Barrington's gear list:Glen Barrington's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow