Nikon D850 "Aperture Lock"

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zjdoliver New Member • Posts: 2
Nikon D850 "Aperture Lock"

Hi All,

I have been shooting holy grails for the past week and I have been trying to find a way to avoid flicker and to minimize and/or eliminate flicker without the need of post production deflicker software. I have read many alternatives on various websites. The flicker occurs during the daylight hours when the shutter speed is around 1/25 of a second.

My question is... Does the function "Aperture Lock" (not talking about "shutter lock") actually lock the aperture so it doesn't open/close? I will be trying this evening but thought I would try to get some response during the day today in preparation for tonight.

My other option would be to use ND filters to slow the shutter speed and remove them when it gets close to 10 minutes prior to sunset. I actually have a .3 ND on for the whole time which seems to be working well.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow