Disappointed with a7iii low light autofocus performance.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ChloeScan Forum Member • Posts: 77
Disappointed with a7iii low light autofocus performance.

Hello,

I have just bought a Sony a7iii to use alongside my Fujifilm kit of which I have an older X-Pro1 and an X-E3. My idea was to move completely to full frame.

However, I have run across an issue, a big issue for me anyway. I am quite disappointed with the low light focusing performance of the a7iii.                                   Before making the purchasing decision I researched this camera like crazy, and pretty much everyone said the focusing performance is outstanding. So I bought one.                                                                                       I have tested it for a couple of days now, in good light it’s fine, but when the light level drops it struggles, which has come as a bit of a shock.                           Low light for me is 12,800 iso f2.8 60th. Here my Fujifilm X-E3 locks on to everything for fun, whereas the Sony simply doesn’t,  It hunts and hunts and struggles like mad to acquire focus. I am using the Sony Zeiss 35 f2.8 and exclusively shooting for testing with the centre point focusing mode, as this is how I normally shoot.

Has anyone any advice or opinion please? As of right now I will have to send it back as it seems to focus so poor in low light.

Thank you, Chloe.

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow