X-T100, an interesting release and it can do bif!

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Advent1sam
Advent1sam Senior Member • Posts: 5,020
X-T100, an interesting release and it can do bif!

Well this is an interesting camera for sure if I could say one thing about it it would be; "Very impressed" it really does appear to be every bit as good as I hoped.

Now, just to bring down the enthusiasm a little;

1) It could do with another physical fn button, or two

2) It can feel a little pedestrian in use, and the touch screen does feel a bit sluggish when you are using it as a touch pad with evf

3) The lack of uhs-ii to really clear that buffer quick is really noticeable

4) No weather sealing so be careful.

5) I used the camera without the add-on grip but I will definitely be using the grip from now on to gain a bit more grip.

Now, onto the images, well they are excellent imo, I did a quick comparison with my Pana G9 and I did think the G9 had better hl recovery by maybe 0.5 stop, will need to test more. However, the x-t100 has maybe 1-2 stops better in the shadows, again will test more but shadows are very clean, very, even under exposed by 2-3 stops and high iso too is very clean. In terms of iq, the 15-45 is as good as my Pana Leica 12-60 2.8-4 over the 15-45 range on first look, in fact I'd go as far as saying it looks better, outstanding results.

A couple of samples, all lr from raw, default shrp, no nr, adobe landscape or provia profiles, can't remember which.

From a short walk we had with the dog yesterday, sky was bit hazy.

e-shutter

Focus on the front sheep, e-shutter

Not a lot of flowers worth taking on this walk, its mostly fields, but there was a bird hovering around, think nesting which allowed a couple of quick bursts, forgot I was in e-shutter but the tracking, believe I picked zone, and the 16 raw+jpg buffer did very well, if a little long to clear after a 16 shot burst at 6fps.

2 quick samples at the start and 10 frames in, note, with the 15-45 didn't give a lot of zoom for a bif!

So far so very good.

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HZP
HZP
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow