Hypersync stops working randomly

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
InTheMountains New Member • Posts: 2
Hypersync stops working randomly

So, sometimes the hypersync on my pocket wizard TT5/TT6 stops working halfway though a shoot. This has been happening randomly for years, but it's random and normally in the middle of a big shoot when I can't just stop and troubleshoot everything. For example, today I was shooting a wedding. Here's the equipment I was using:

Canon 1d-x mk2 with TT6 transmitting to channel 3

Profoto 7b with Multimax receiving

Quantum T2 with pocket wizard plus receiving

When I first turned everything on, I had the shutter speed set to 1/1000, but it kept going back to 1/250. I turned everything off and on and it stayed at 1/1000. Everything seemed to go fine during the ceremony, syncing from 1/640 to 1/1000, and when I started on the portraits afterwards, but then during the portraits, it seems as though just the profoto stopped syncing. I've never noticed just one flash to stop syncing, but that appears to be what was happening today (both were firing). Anyways, this same thing has happened in the past to me with a Canon 1d-x mk1 and a TT5. Anyone else have this happen ever?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow