Stylus 1, Cooper age 6, Ice Hockey

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
GeraldW Veteran Member • Posts: 8,161
Re: Stylus 1, Cooper age 6, Ice Hockey

Elliot,

Fascinating.  I went to high school in Somerville, and graduated from Rutgers.  Visited my old best friend a while back and found his granddaughter was a hockey player of some note.

Shots of your kid look pretty good; and he looks pretty darn good on skates!  I wouldn't have thought of using the Stylus 1 for hockey, although I have tried most everything, beginning with a film DSLR, and then moving to digital.  Rink lighting can be a major problem.  At Kent State, where my granddaughter's team was playing in a league playoff, the lighting types were mixed.  I had a Nikon D90 and spent a good 20 minutes trying different combinations and nothing worked.  In Toronto, the lighting was uniform in color; but not intensity, so there were pools of strong lighting and areas of much lower lighting.  The result was highly variable exposure and image quality.

Locally, here in Northern Ohio, there are just not enough girls playing hockey.  My oldest granddaughter, Maggie, played on a mixed team until she was 12 or 13, at which point she was advised to find a girls team as the boys had started checking.  She was good enough to be the leading scorer in the league and got a full ride to college. (a little bragging here)

I really like the Stylus 1 and it's making my G7X II nervous, as the Stylus 1 is a better choice for local events like high school drama club plays, band recitals, etc.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Olympus Stylus 1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Canon G7 X II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow