Silkypix 5.8 and Silkypix 8 Pro

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Historicity Senior Member • Posts: 1,398
Silkypix 5.8 and Silkypix 8 Pro

As mentioned in an earlier thread I used the Silkypix 5.8 software to edit shots from my first hike with my K1ii.  I was unhappy with the 5.8's ability to handle highlights and took a look at the top-of-the-line Silkypix 8 (something) Pro.  The 8 seemed to have more capability and it was on sale $180 instead of $255, but the 8 didn't have the ability to develop the K1ii pixel-shift photos.

I'm not sure that I'll be taking many pixel-shift photos, but I want to keep that capability which is only in the 5.8, and I was afraid that if I ordered the 8Pro that it would demand (as many software programs do) that I delete the 5.8 before I can install the 8Pro.  Does anyone know if that is the case?

I'm running photos as a slide show on my computer monitor from my hike with the K1ii as developed by the Silkypix 5.8 and they have grown on me tremendously.  I like the colors and moodiness of some of the shots.  I decided I would like to get the Pro8 if I didn't have to delete the 5.8 to do it.

But in the meantime perhaps I'll work with the 5.8 a bit more (as Florida Suse has recommended) and maybe I'll be able to handle the highlights better than I did on my first outing.

An incentive for getting the Pro 8 is that I had assumed that at some point my stand-alone Lightroom 6 wasn't going to be able to handle some new camera that I had acquired and I was going to be forced to get the Lightroom monthly subscription, but if I can manage to like Silkypix Pro then I can move to that instead of the LR subscription.

Lawrence

Historicity's gear list:Historicity's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-600 Olympus E-5 +81 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow